Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Heartbreak

Tonight as I stood beside my grandma's hospital bed watching her take some of her last breaths my heart broke. I watched my grandfather stare at his bride of almost 72 years. You good see the sadness in his eyes. It's already bothered him so much that she hasn't been able to sleep in the same bed as him, I cannot even imagine what it will do to him once she is gone. You can see the longing in his eyes to go with her when the time comes. She will join my brother soon and will no longer be in pain.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry. I know this must be so hard. I am sending you hopes for peace and comfort in this time of saddness. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your grandmother :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I lost my grandpa about two years ago and my grandma still misses him terribly. It breaks your heart to see your loved one go but then to watch the one they leave behind. Hang in there and stay strong. My prayers are with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete