Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Frustrated

Ok...well I know I'm overreacting but it still really frustrates me. The past couple of weeks I've only been hearing from my husband (AJ) once a week...they're in a very remote area. This past Saturday was that day. Well this morning he IM'd my phone (at 5 AM)...he was at kaf so he had a 30 minute time limit on the computer...in that 30 minutes he only sent 5 messages and I finally woke up for the last one but by the time I responded I assume he had already gotten off. But I thought to myself at least I'll have an email waiting for me at work. Well I got to work early hoping to read an email from him responding to one of the 20 I'd sent him since the last time he'd been online. And to my surprise I had nothing. Needless to say I was very disappointed...I'm trying not to be mad but I guess I'm hurt more than mad. And on top of that he tells me he spent a little more money on a bag and more socks...well he spent $400 dollars...who spends that much money at one time while they're deployed! Needless to say I'm not too happy about that either! I don't want to argue with him about money but he tends to spend more than he has. I just recently paid off all his debt bills that we weren't aware he had from 2003...the week after he deployed his mother brought over all his mail...he'd been getting these notices for a long time and you want to know what she did...ripped them up and trashed them. I was in complete shock...she could have paid all these off his last deployment. That's a whole other issue I don't want to get into now.

1 comment:

  1. All of that does sound really frustrating. We've had issues with deployments and credit cards falling into the wrong (family) hands...can't really get into that BUT I can understand why you are in shock.

    I look forward to reading more of your posts because I'm just jumping in on this one. I know its hard when hubby's are deployed. We were 19 year old newlyweds when G.I. Joe went to Iraq. This will be hard but don't take the once a week phone call for granted. Because of his job I usually got 1 phone call per month for a whole year. And he didn't have internet access either so it was rare phone calls or snail mail.

    On the bright side...the holidays are here which usually means schedules stay busy. Time will pass a little faster for the next month or so. Its nice to meet you and so sorry for rambling! If you ever need to chat feel free to email me at jmccown@liberty.edu

    ReplyDelete