Sunday, March 14, 2010

The hits keep on coming

I've seen my dad cry twice in my life...once when my brother died and today. Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. My dad lost both of his parents within 6 weeks of each other and then today one of the dogs we've had for 15+ years died. Well they say bad things happen in threes so hopefully this was number three and nothing else is going to happen.

I did my long run of the week...a 10 miler. I knew right away it wasn't going to be a good one. I barely slept last night and I woke up with major back and hamstring pain. On top of that it was sprinkling with threats of hard rain. It turned out to be half way ok except for the back pain. 4 weeks until my Mini Marathon...hoping to make some improvement in my pace in these last 4 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. I hope that things turn up soon for you!

    Saw your other post about vacations. We usually try to book a few weeks after he is due to come back just in case there is a delay on a return date.

    Good luck! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for you loss. And for the record, losing a pet is no different than losing a human. It is hard. Sending good vibes to you, your family, and your dad.

    ReplyDelete