Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 138: New Year's Eve

A year ago today I was flying to North Carolina to spend a long weekend with my other half...we were in the car driving at midnite so I didn't even get a kiss but that was ok because we were actually getting to spend 4 days together. This was very exciting considering we hardly ever saw one another. I live in Kentucky and he was stationed at Fort Bragg. Fast forward a year to today, we've been apart now 138 days. I haven't even seen him through webcam that entire time because where he's stationed doesn't have good internet. That's alright because in 2.5 weeks he will be home! I've got so much to do between now and then...for starters finding the keys to his truck...whoops misplaced both sets!

I'm looking forward to what 2010 will bring. I'm going to focus more on training and improving all aspects of my running. So far I only have 1 race planned...a half marathon on April 11th. I really wanted to do the full but with coaching during the spring there's no possible way for me to train. However, softball ends at the end of May/beginning of June and I'm debating on training for a marathon in October. I'd also like to do the mini in Chicago at the beginning of August. My number one goal for running for 2010 is to do 1000+ miles.

Hope everyone enjoys their New Years! I'm heading to spend time with my best friend, her hubby and adorable 2 year old early tomorrow morning. She's in her 2nd year of medical school so we don't get to see each other that often. Besides spending time with her we're going to make a visit to Fleet Feet. I'm really excited about getting a new pair of running shoes! And maybe we'll stop by the Cheesecake Factory too!

2 comments:

  1. Your running plans sound awesome. I had to cut down on my running drastically, but at least I can run again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can keep your running up. You do have a busy schedule. My son just left for Bragg today. His first duty station.

    Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete